Recently when I was at the bulk barn I noticed that brown rice flour was actually the same price as white flour, but exponentially better for you. It can be used in place of whole wheat flour. I have used it in muffins and it turned out great. I did 75% rice 25% whole wheat.
Benefits to brown rice flour:
- High in fibre
- Rich in magnesium which helps develop bones and cartilage properly and in turn helps the body absorb calcium
- Also contains iron, vitamin B, phosphorus, copper
- Can be used as a thickener in sauces and the like
- Imparts a rich, nutty flavour which I personally love
- The hull and bran in the mixture help digestion of the flour
- Nearly gluten free (which also makes it easier to digest than white)
- The slow-release of sugar causes it to also help with blood sugar levels making it great for people suffering from diabetes
- Rich in anti-oxidants !
Bulk Barn Label