There aren’t many quinoa muffin recipes that I could find and the ones I found didn’t have the ingredients I wanted them to have. I decided to make my own. For recipes a basic formula is a good way to contruct the bones. For muffins app. 2 parts flour, 2 pts liquid, 1 part egg, 1 part fat. For cupcakes it would be 1 part of each butter, sugar, egg, and flour.
Bake at 375 degrees for 15-25 minutes. I believe for my oven it was about 20.
- Mash together 3 bananas and 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- Add 2tbsp honey and 1/4 cup of coconut oil and mash in as well
- Add in 3/4 cup to 1 cup cooked quinoa (I grinded it up a little so it would mix in better)
- Last for wet is 1/2 cup of desired milk with 1/2 tsp ACV. Add in 1 tsp vanilla.
- Dry ingredients: 1 cup oats, 3/4 cup flour, 1 tsp baking soda and powder, dash salt, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup add ins: I used chocolate chips, carob chips, dried cranberry and sunflower seeds
- For extra sweetness I topped with a sugar crumble which I just eyeballed: cinnamon, brown sugar, flour and oil or butter
These are slighty sweet with a great nutty flavour with the combination of sunflower seeds and quinoa.